Learning isn't one-size-fits-all! Experience an education that is tailor-made, just for you. At the Iredell-Statesville Schools iAcademy, school fits YOU. In fact, school can be anywhere, anytime.
Advantages of enrollment in the iAcademy
- Personalized Education
- Career Planning
- Small/Individual learning community
- Positive learning environment
- Strong Academic Support
- Modern, hig-energy "internet-cafe" atmosphere
- Mentor/Mentee relationship with staff
- Flexible scheduling
- Opportunity for 100% online, at home learning
The iAcademy is staffed with a team of licensed teachers and support personnel to ensure students get the attention they need: one-to-one assistance; whole class tutorials and academic review. The teachers in the iAcademy are prepared to meet the needs of many kinds of learners. The iAcademy has a full-time guidance counselor who is available for transcript reviews and evaluation, college and career planning and individualized consultation.
Is the iAcademy right for you?
- Are you homeschooled or attend a private school, but you need more support with the challenging high school curriculum?
- Would you benefit from a blended schedule that provides flexibility to meet your needs?
- Is it sometimes difficult for you to attend a high school that meets daily on a regular schedule? (ex. you are involved in competitive sports and travel, have a child to care for, you have an illness, etc.)
- Are you self-motivated, committed to academic success, and able to monitor your own progress?
- Do you have the proper support at home to help you be successful?
Students can choose from a variety of options, including:
- 100% virtual learning – all classes are taken online, from anywhere, through the North Carolina Virtual Public School (NCVPS) or Virtual ISS.
- Blended schedule – students can build a course load that meets their needs, using a mix of online classes and traditional or home school classes.
- Home school supplement – credits from licensed NC home schools transfer seamlessly to allow students to enroll in a minimum of two courses (either online or traditional) to supplement the classes they have already taken.
- Long-term medical leave - Students who are confined to their home or hospital may stay on track by completing their coursework online.
How does it work?
- Students must enroll in a minimum of 2 courses per semester to be considered full-time, and a total of 3 courses to be eligible to participate in high school athletics.
- iAcademy can supplement the home school curriculum, or replace it entirely.
- Students have the choice of whether to graduate from their home school program, or to earn a high school diploma from Iredell-Statesville Schools.
- Internet access is provided only at the iAcademy site in Troutman, NC.
- ISS does not provide transportation for students enrolled in the iAcademy.
- ISS offers a loaner device for accessing online classes, for a non-refundable $50 technology usage fee.
- Students and teachers communicate directly with each other through email and telephone.
- A full-time Distance Learning Advisor on staff to monitor student progress, etc.
The 2023 iAcademy Graduation will be held on Thursday, June 8 at 2:00pm.