Big Splash Student Film Festival
The Iredell-Statesville Schools Career Academy & Technical School cordially invites your students to participate in the inaugural Big Splash Student Film Festival.
Student groups may submit their shorts for a chance at several awards. The top scoring films will be screened at a Red Carpet event in Troutman, NC on Thursday, May 25, 2023.
· Films must be entirely produced by current high school students enrolled in a public, private, or charter school residing in Iredell, Alexander, Rowan, Cabarrus, Catawba or Mecklenburg counties.
· Films must have been produced in the 2022-2023 school year.
· Films must have a running time less than 30 minutes.
· Student filmmakers must be at least 13 years old to enter.
Selection of Winners:
· Entries will be judged based upon:
o Overall Project Creativity
o Story Development
· Best Picture
· Best Director
· Best Actor
· Best Actress
· Excellence in Storytelling
· Excellence in Cinematography
· Excellence in Editing