The Kaduceus CTE Pharmacy Technician high school program prepares students to learn and apply their knowledge as they pursue a career as a Pharmacy Technician. The course will give students insight into the history and evolution of the career while preparing students with the skills necessary to be workforce ready. Upon completion of the program students will be competent to take their National Certified Pharmacy Technician Exam. This program includes online web training and hands-on lab simulation.
The Pharmacy Technician Academy will provide you with the knowledge and preparation to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician. The course will cover:
- State and Federal drug laws and regulations
- Pharmaceutical abbreviations
- Measurements and calculations
- Reading and interpreting prescriptions
- Drug classifications and commonly prescribed drugs
- Community and Hospital Pharmacy Practices
- Pharmaceutical compounding
- Medical safety and dispensing
- National Certificate exam preparation
Hello! My name is Jamie Head, and I'm thrilled to say this is my 4th year teaching health science. I have been nursing for 21 years. I began my nursing career as a CNA and worked as a CNA during nursing school. I currently work at Frye Regional Medical Center as well as the Iredell-Statesville School System.
I grew up in Alexander County and graduated from Alexander Central in 1995. I graduated with an Associates of Science in Nursing from Forsyth Technical Community College in 2004.
I enjoy spending time at the beach, watching my boys play sports, and spending time with my family.