Experience an education that is tailor-made, just for you.
At the Iredell-Statesville Schools iACADEMY, school fits YOU.
In fact, school can be anywhere, anytime.
The iACADEMY offers educational opportunities that are tailor-made for the 21st century learner.
Is the iAcademy right for you?
· Are you homeschooled or attend a private school, but you need more support with the challenging high school curriculum?
· Would you benefit from a blended schedule that provides flexibility to meet your needs?
· Is it sometimes difficult for you to attend a high school that meets daily on a regular schedule? (ex. you are involved in competitive sports and travel, have a child to care for, you have an illness, etc.)
· Are you self-motivated, committed to academic success, and able to monitor your own progress?
· Do you have the proper support at home to help you be successful?
Students can choose from a variety of options, including:
· 100% virtual learning – all classes are taken online, from anywhere, through the North Carolina Virtual Public School (NCVPS) or Virtual ISS.
· Blended schedule – students can build a course load that meets their needs, using a mix of online classes and traditional or home school classes.
· Home school supplement – credits from licensed NC home schools transfer seamlessly to allow students to enroll in a minimum of two courses (either online or traditional) to supplement the classes they have already taken.
How does it work?
· Students must enroll in a minimum of 2 courses per semester to be considered full-time, and a total of 3 courses to be eligible to participate in high school athletics.
· iAcademy can supplement the home school curriculum, or replace it entirely.
· Students have the choice of whether to graduate from their home school program, or to earn a high school diploma from Iredell-Statesville Schools.
· Internet access is provided only at the iAcademy site in Troutman, NC.
· ISS does not provide transportation for students enrolled in the iAcademy.
· ISS offers a loaner device for accessing online classes, for a non-refundable $50 technology usage fee.
· Students and teachers communicate directly with each other through email and telephone.
· A full-time Distance Learning Advisor on staff to monitor student progress, etc.
Complete the form, sign, and return to the iAcademy Coordinator. This form may be filled out electronically.