Our school year has begun on a very busy and positive note. Students have been welcomed to an atmosphere that prepares them to move beyond the school walls and to gain workplace and site-based experiences. We encourage our students to engage with community organizations as they learn to work both independently and collaboratively with people.
- Our Nursing Fundamentals students have already begun to visit health care facilities and have sponsored a very successful campus blood drive.
- VATS students have our greenhouse and Snack Shack fully operational with fall vegetables planted and delicious meals served on Fridays.
- I am proud to welcome new teacher assistants, Greg Higdon and Tracy Goodrum to our VATS Program and Wesley Kivette, as Welding Instructor.
- Culinary students, under the guidance of our new instructor, Laverne Zachary, have a full calendar of events including catering several events that have been scheduled on campus.
- The manicuring clinic will open for clients during the week of September 23, 2019. Call the main office at (704 )978-2791 to schedule an appointment.
- Digital Media has its first Photography Gallery Display in the Conference Center on Friday, Sept. 6, 2019 from 4:00-6:00 PM.
- ATC students had a very successful Open House and participated in National Night Out
- Fire Academy students have taken several field trips thus far and also participated in National Night Out
- Enrollment has increased in each program.
- Our iAcademy students have worked through the technical issues and successfully begun their semester classes online.
Please mark your calendar for the following events:
- Photography Gallery-September 6, 2019 at CATS from 4:00-6:00 PM (Digital Media Students)
- September 10, 2019 from 5:00-7:00 PM-VATS Open House
- September 11, 2019-Field Trip to ZMAX Dragway for ATC and Film Making students
- September 17, 2019- Field Trip to Carolina Renaissance for Film Making students
- Explore CATS -Middle school students will visit CATS classes and participate in planned activities on September, 17, 24, 25, & 26, 2019
- September 30, 2019-Required Teacher Workday-Suicide Prevention Workshop
Thank you for your continued and valuable support and remember you are always welcome on our campus to visit and share your expertise and suggestions.
Larry E. Rogers